Learning and Growing
You and your therapist will work together to cultivate the mental and physical skills needed to create meaningful change in your life. Utilizing evidence-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and related approaches, you will develop and refine the core skills that help you break free from your mind and start moving toward the life you envision.
In addition to the one-on-one and group therapy, you will also participate in a tailored physical wellbeing program to support the interconnectedness between your physical and mental health. To begin, you will be matched with a Wellness Mentor, also a highly trained mental health professional, who will help guide you throughout your journey. You’ll choose from a range of wellness activities that are designed to help you recognize unhelpful thought patterns and habitual self-defeating behaviors, reorient you with the present moment, and support the health of your physical body.
- Gentle and Yin Yoga classes
- Nutrition groups and counseling
- Mindfulness and meditation groups
- Movement classes
- Synchronicity – Group stretch classes, yoga, mindfulness groups, nutrition counseling, cooking classes, and recovery modalities including, cryotherapy, infrared sauna, low light laser therapy, and compression therapy.
- MUSC Wellness Center – A fully equipped health club including free weight rooms, Jr. Olympic pool, extensive cardio equipment and indoor track, a full schedule of exercise classes, racquet ball and tennis courts, exercise testing, and much more.
- ClassPass (Coming Soon) – ClassPass is the leading fitness app allowing users access to everything from boutique fitness studios to the leading wellness centers. With a ClassPass membership, you can find the best classes and services to meet your needs in one convenient app.