Client Safety and Social Distancing at Modern Minds
Modern Minds and MUSC Health are taking steps to ensure clients can manage their mental wellness needs while minimizing the spread of COVID-19. If you have any questions about your care needs, please call the Modern Minds office directly at (843) 531-9036.
Modern Minds and MUSC Health are taking the following additional safety precautions to protect clients, staff members, and their families:
- When appropriate, we encourage active use of telehealth appointments.
- We will schedule visits to allow for few people in our waiting areas to respect distancing as well as throughout the office suite overall.
- Prior to your visit, we ask that you take your temperature at home. If you have a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher, please call and we can either reschedule your visit or arrange for a telehealth visit, if appropriate.
- All clients and visitors will be asked questions to screen for respiratory symptoms prior to entering our facility.
- If you were made aware of having had contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks, please call us to reschedule your visit or arrange for a telehealth visit, if appropriate.
- Please wait in your car until 5 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the elevator bank of the building and in the hallways for use prior to entering Modern Minds.
- Upon entering Modern Minds, all clients and visitors will have their temperature taken through an infared thermometer upon entering the waiting area.
- We ask that you wear a mask to Modern Minds, or we can provide one for you upon your arrival.
- Client areas, including waiting rooms, are set up to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Surfaces in our facilities are actively disinfected and cleaned between clients and multiple times throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout Modern Minds.
- Masks are required and readily available for clients, visitors, and our team members.
- Modern Minds team members are self-monitoring and immediately self-isolate if symptoms are present. Our Modern Minds Team members are not allowed to return to work until they test negative for COVID-19.
We understand clients may have concerns about coming to the Modern Minds office during COVID-19. Modern Minds and MUSC Health are following all the guidelines recommended by the Center for Disease Control, as well as guidelines from MUSC leadership.
We look forward to continuing to meet the needs of the community we serve, throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond. Client safety, along with the safety of our Modern Minds team, is our top priority. We want to assure you that we are monitoring and updating our practices daily to ensure we are following the latest recommendations.